Different ways to annotate



Different annotation methods that I use.





Usually what I do is circle words that I’m not familiar with in the text and just write the definition of that word.


Helps with understanding the article


Enhances vocabulary


I use different color highlighting or underlining for different ideas.
Write in the margins.


I can always know which idea I’m referring to based on the color instead of being lost


Summarize the main idea of a specific section of the article


Can help for understanding the article and its goal









Annotations learned from classmates/ De Piero


Use brackets to divide and pinpoint sentences that are important towards the main idea


Use symbols or underline quotes


Look for patterns or repeating ideas


Make connections with the article with past experiences


Stuff that you agree or disagree with

Comments