PB3



Part 1

Overall I thought my presentation was super good and I really did work hard on it and gave it all my all to deliver good interesting content. Based on the feedback I have received from my classmates majority of the feedback had to with trying to be a little bit more specific with my topic for the ACURA project. In this case it was maybe to focus more on a particular sport instead of looking at how VR simulations work in the world of sports. One specific sport would help get me to that small nesting doll that we have been doing for a while in class. Also there was a suggestion of maybe talking about how VR simulations would help athletes that are just coming off of injury. It would add more to the topic. Some say that I could projected my voice and spoke louder. Honestly I thought in my head that I was talking kind of loud, but I guess it was just in my head. Based off these suggestions I am thinking about doing a specific sport, but this is rather difficult because there isn’t much information for one specific sports there is a broad range of information from different sports. Also maybe adding how it can help with injury prevention and comebacks can be something to add in the future.




Part 2

How have VR simulation experiences been useful to improve athletes performance in baseball?

Even though I still think it should be, How have VR simulation experiences been useful to improve athletes performance?






Part 3

Miles, Helen C; Pop, Serban R; Watt, Simon J; Lawrence, Gavin P; John, Nigel W: A review of virtual environments for training in ball sports Computers & Graphics, 10/2012, Volume 36, Issue 6

Ranganathan, R., & Carlton, L. G. (2007). Perception-action coupling and anticipatory performance in baseball batting. Journal of Motor Behavior, 39(5), 369-80.

Bosco G, Delle Monache S, Lacquaniti F (2012) Catching What We Can't See: Manual Interception of Occluded Fly-Ball Trajectories. PLoS ONE 7(11)

Zaal F. T. J. M., Bootsma, R (2011) Virtual Reality as a Tool for the Study of Perception-Action: The Case of Running to Catch Fly Balls. Teleoperators and Virtual Environments, 20(1), 93-103.

Gray, R. (2017). Transfer of Training from Virtual to Real Baseball Batting, Volume 8

Vignais, N; Kulpa ,R; Brault, S; Presse, D; Bideau, B: Which technology to investigate visual perception in sport: Video vs. virtual reality, 11/2014.

Neumann, D.L., Moffitt, R.L., Thomas, P.R. et al. Virtual Reality (2018) 22: 183.






Keywords

Virtual reality, Video,Visual perception,Kinematic analysis, Goalkeeping

Baseball, Artificial Technology, Reliability

Sports, Virtual Reality, Performance, Baseball, Exercise, Systematic Review

Comments